These are few points that can make a difference in your day to day communications, here is the list of a few of them that I have experienced and have gathered from some of the communication related trainings :
- Confidence is the first thing that is required along with clarity.
- Keep it simple and clear while communicating.
- Communication also involves listening, try to be a great listener.
- One to one communication is the best way to communicate effectively, try to reduce noise as much as possible.
- Do not use filler words like aaaaa, u know, I know, etc while communicating.
- Practice communicating with others by matching tone, eye contact, gestures.
- Reduce any dead air by starting to discuss anything or quickly throwing a question.
- Take a pause whenever required.
- Try to understand from other’s point of view and discuss based on other’s understanding capabilities
- Make your communication interesting to other by telling them tactfully what is there for them in this.
- Arguments are a strict no, rather discuss in a healthy way.
- Enjoy the communication and try to make it interesting for others so that they can openly discuss.
A successful communication can be achieved by practicing these and a lot more that this, all depends on your experience and learning, each time there is something new in communication, point is to keep an eye and list your points and work on them.